What if we told you, you can have your cake and eat it too?
You’re in luck! Our Lemon Protein Bundt Cake is definitely a recipe made to impress whether you’re entertaining guests for brunch or as a post-workout snack.
Packed with our delicious Advanced Iso Protein Vanilla, this must-try recipe is easy and versatile to enjoy as is or drizzled with glaze and toppings.
And the best part?
We swapped out traditionally, dense ingredients for lighter alternatives for you to enjoy without high sugars and artificial fillers.
Check out our recipe below and let us know how your cake comes out!
- 2 servings Advanced Iso Protein – Vanilla Ice Cream
- 3 cups almond flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup Erythritol or Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup powdered Erythritol
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350℉ (177℃). Grease a bundt pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the butter and sweetener until fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, sour cream, lemon extract and vanilla extract.
4. In another bowl, stir together the protein powder, almond flour, baking powder, poppy seeds, and sea salt. Beat the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, about a cup at a time.
5. Transfer the batter to the pan and smooth the top. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the top is dark golden brown. Cover loosely with foil and continue baking for 20-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
6. To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sweetener, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Drizzle over the cake and enjoy!