You’ve probably heard people say, “you are what you eat.” We can say without a doubt that statement is true. But what about when it comes to your sex drive!? Is it really true that some foods can increase your libido and make sex more pleasurable?
There is no question that when you eat healthy whole foods, you feel better and have more energy, which has a domino effect on whether or not you want to “get it on.”
Plenty of foods also promote circulation, which is essential to get ample blood flow to all the right places at the right time!
But what about specific foods… like aphrodisiacs?
It seems that the science is still up in the air on whether or not these foods get you in the mood and promote pleasurable sex. But many researchers suspect the theory has some truth, mainly because of an increase in feel-good transmitters like dopamine and serotonin.
It can’t hurt to try, right?
We did some digging and found the top 5 foods that you might want to pile on your plate daily for a bedroom boost!
1. Raw Oysters – Oysters have been considered a natural aphrodisiac for hundreds of years. In addition to boosting dopamine, oysters contain zinc, which some research suggests can raise testosterone levels. Testosterone isn’t only important for the male sex drive. Women also need healthy levels of test for a robust sex drive.
2. Dark Chocolate – Another aphrodisiac that claims to boost desire is cocoa, which is found in high levels in some dark chocolate. Additionally, an antioxidant in cocoa (known as flavanols) can help increase blood flow and relax blood vessels. Dark chocolate is also said to help increase serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain.
3. Beets – This root veggie contains a lot of nitrates, which convert to nitric oxide and may be beneficial for blood flow. Healthy blood flow is ESSENTIAL for making sex pleasurable. They only have 13 carbs per cup and are packed with fiber, so it’s certainly worth adding them to your grocery list.
4. Pomegranates – Research shows that eating pomegranates daily significantly increases testosterone levels. They are also high in antioxidants that can help to enhance blood flow, thereby improving your libido.
5. Watermelon – This juicy fruit is packed with B vitamins that are said to help with stress management, sexual endurance and energy production. Watermelon is also a vasodilator, meaning it has the potential to be a “natural” Viagra.
It certainly can’t hurt to add some, or all, of these foods to your diet regularly to see if you experience an increase in libido. But if you want a 5 foods to boost your libido to give your body natural herbs scientifically shown to increase desire and ensure your sex hormones are balanced, check out Inno Drive: For Her or T-Drive.